Everyone attending WhistleStop on Saturday between 1pm and 3pm will have a chance to "put your money where your mouth is!" Many of the backyard cooking teams competing in the Shadetree Competition will have boston butt samples available for you to taste!
Vote for your favorite by placing coins or cash in the jar provided at their cook-site. The team with the most money will be announced as the People's Choice Award winner during the Awards Presentations at 8:15 p.m. on the main stage. Awards will be presented to first, second, and third Place. All proceeds will benefit educational programming at the EarlyWorks Museums.
Look for the Flag---participating teams will be flying a flag at their cook site.
Note: this competition is only open to those also registered in the Shade Tree competition.
Thank you for your interest in this year’s People’s Choice competition. Please review the following rules and guidelines:
- MUST be a confirmed ShadeTree cooker to enter/participate.
- Each participating team will provide 1 oz. samples of your best butt and if people like your meat, they vote for you. The team with the most votes (money) wins!! Simple as that!
- There will be a meeting for the People’s Choice contestants immediately following the ShadeTree Cook’s meeting on Saturday, May 5th. All rules and regulations will be reviewed and all questions and concerns will be addressed at that time.
- People’s Choice judging/sampling will take place on Saturday, May 5th from 1PM – 3PM.
- People’s Choice Awards for 1st – 3rd place will be announced on the main stage at 8:30PM.
- $1.00 = 1 vote. The team with the most votes wins!!
- Table decorations are welcomed and encouraged! Have fun with it! The more you stand out, the more votes you will receive!
- A large bucket with your team name on it for your cash donations/ votes
- 200 clear ramekins for your meat samples
- Marker to indicate that you are participating in the People’s Choice contest
- Hand sanitizer/ wipes for people sampling food
- Small folding table to set everything up on