On Friday you cook the chicken wings and the public will decide the winner! Turn in a minimum of 75 chicken wings prepared however you like at the Pig Whistle Pub by 5:45. Public judging will take place from 6-7:30pm, and prizes will be awarded for 1st -3rd Places.
Note: this competition is only open to those also registered in the Shade Tree competition.
Past resultsView all results
You cook the chicken wings, and the public will decide the winner. Only the first 30 teams to sign-up will be eligible to compete in the WhistleStop WING THING competition.
How it Works:
- Each team will turn-in at least 75 cooked chicken wings to the Round House at 5:45pm on Friday, May 4th. 2018
- Prepare your wings however you like.
- The public will judge between 6 and 7:30 pm.
- The winners will be presented their prizes around 8:30pm, Friday night.
- 1st place will receive $50.00, a certificate and a banner to hang at their cooking site.
- 2nd place will receive $30.00 and a certificate.
- 3rd place will receive $15.00 and a certificate.
- Judging will be performed by the public.
- Each judge will be given a judging ballot to complete, as they sample the wings.
- Judges will rate each entry on a scale of 1-3, with 1 being the best.
- Judges will be asked to consider the taste, texture and overall experience of the wings.
- Judging will take place in the Roundhouse from 6:00pm – 7:30pm.